Manager/Supervisor approval problems

Manager/Supervisor approval problems

by Scott Karren -
Number of replies: 4
All,

I am testing Moodle 2.6.5+ and the Face to Face mod.  When I setup a course with the Face to Face with approval required I have noticed the following things, Has anyone else seen these or suggest a fix for them.

1.  As a student I enroll in a course and then select a session and sign up for that session.  When I am returned to the course page it tells me I am booked, like the image below

When I click the "View all sessions" it shows the status for that session as "Requested".  Is this a bug or something that I have not configured correctly?

2, As a manager I receive the email saying that someone has requested to take this course and am given a link to approve the booking.  When I click on the link I am taken to the course enrollment screen, like the image below

Should this be happening or should I be taken directly to the approval screen?

Anyone out there that has experienced similar issues that can give me some direction?

Thanks in advance.

Scott

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Scott Karren

Re: Manager/Supervisor approval problems

by Scott Karren -

I have logged Contrib-5507 and Contrib-5508 in the Tracker for the above issues.  Anyone have any thoughts on these?

Scott

In reply to Scott Karren

by Jeremy Schweitzer -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Scott,

I don't think either of these are a bug, but how the features are implemented. We don't use this functionality, so I'm going to have to do some testing, but the status of "Requested" is correct until it is approved. Face-to-face is an activity module, which means it exists within the context of a course, therefore, to access the module you must be enrolled in the course. That includes the managers that are doing the approvals. 

From my memory, once the manager is enrolled the first time in the future the link takes them directly to the approval page. Once the approval is submitted the status for the user should change to "Booked."

In reply to Jeremy Schweitzer

by Scott Karren -

Jeremy,

Thanks for the reply.  With regards to my first question, the status for the student shows as "booked" on the course page even before the approval by the manager has taken place.  The "Requested" status appears on the view all sessions page. I think this is a bug because it it not presenting the correct information to the student.

I understand what you are saying regarding the Face-to-Face being an activity module, but within the context of being a manager this is problematic because it means I need to either be enrolled or enroll in every course that my employees could "potentially" take.  This causes additional problems for me as a manager who also needs to maintain a certain number of courses/trainings through the year because now I am enrolled in courses that I have no desire or intention to complete.

Thanks again for your information, it is helpful to have a dialog about this because it helps me understand better what my options are.

Scott

In reply to Scott Karren

by Scott Karren -

We decided to drop manager approvals because it is too buggy at the moment.  Maybe in the future.

Scott