Mergeusers Plugin - Installation Help needed

Mergeusers Plugin - Installation Help needed

by Constance Horne -
Number of replies: 4

I uploaded the plugin to admin/tools but my 2.4.0 installation cannot find it to install it. Help is needed, please.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Constance Horne

Re: Mergeusers Plugin - Installation Help needed

by Rob Johnson -

Be sure to unzip the download.  After it is in /admin/tools, visit the notifications page, and the installation will proceed.  First you will get a plugins check page.  This wil show what is getting installed.  After you click next at the bottom, you will see a "Upgrading database" message.  

In reply to Rob Johnson

by Constance Horne -

Yes, I unzipped it and put it in the proper location. But no, I don't get any notifications to install.  I installed V2.8.1 on my windows machine and was able to install it by going to site administration => Plugins => Install plugins. But V2.4.0 doesn't have that method. Usually I see an upgrade as soon as I log in as admin which I didn't get with this one. Is it not compatible with v2.4.0?

by Rob Johnson -

I see you have been asking the same questions on the plugin page.  I don't have anything to add to what the developers have said.  As long as the unzipped folder has the correct name, it should trigger the installation when you go to Site administration > Notifications.

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Depending on how you uploaded it - check the permissions on the folder. Moodle needs to be able to read it to see whats there. Possibly in trasnferring it, the permissions may have been set so that it isn't readable by moodle.