[2.7] Non-editing teacher doesn't have right to edit grades?

[2.7] Non-editing teacher doesn't have right to edit grades?

by Richard van Iwaarden -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Something strange turned up.

I have a non-editing teacher trying to edit grades directly in the gradebook. This results in an error: 'can't update 1 for 2'. See screenshot.

The non-editing teacher does have the right to edit a grade using direct grading in the assignment module.

It seems to be a rights problem, as the admin account doesn't have this problem.

Attachment Image1.png
In reply to Richard van Iwaarden

Re: [2.7] Non-editing teacher doesn't have right to edit grades?

by Mark McKay -

If I recall correctly, they are separate permissions. We modified our NE Teacher role to allow editing in the gradebook.

In reply to Mark McKay

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
In reply to Mary Cooch

Excellent Mary, that was wat I was looking for.

I got confused by a teacher telling me 'this allways worked in the past'... yet I didn't change any rights. Was this set differently in previous versions?

Thanks again!

In reply to Richard van Iwaarden

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I don' t think so - perhaps they were an editing teacher in the past and not a non-editing teacher?

In reply to Mary Cooch

Probably right... although some of our teachers are very old, Alzheimer might have kicked in big grin