Safe Exam browser Key

Safe Exam browser Key

von R Ali -
Anzahl Antworten: 14

Thanks for helping.

I just installed the latest version of safe exam browser 1.1 on Moodle 2. 7 and got it activated.  I am supposed to enter allowed browser key at the Quiz setting.

I am reading the manual from here

http://www.safeexambrowser.org/windows/win_usermanual_en.html#operating_system

But it got me confused, is this for moodle installation or general

Where or how exactly do I generate this allowed browser key.

Thank you.

Als Antwort auf R Ali

Re: Safe Exam browser Key

von Tim Hunt -
Nutzerbild von Core developers Nutzerbild von Documentation writers Nutzerbild von Particularly helpful Moodlers Nutzerbild von Peer reviewers Nutzerbild von Plugin developers

In that page, find the bullet point starting "Browser Exam Key:" which is about half way down.

Als Antwort auf Tim Hunt

von R Ali -
Thank you Tim.

I got it and I was able to generate the key.

when I added it to the Quiz setting and launched it. I got the link

www.safeexambrowser.com/download. but it gave me error

Not Found

The requested URL /mod/quiz/www.safeexambrowser.com/download was not found on this server.

Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu) Server at 10.0.0.10 Port 80.

Is there some thing I need to do to allow the download. I did installed the safeexambrowser from the moodle plugin repository and seemed to install ok.

I am on windows 8 using IE for this.

On the side can it work with firefox on windows 8 ?

I have the SEB already installed on this Laptop I am using and the .seb file I created is on the C:\ProgramData\SafeExamBrowser\  and C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\SafeExamBrowser\

I am accessing moodle through a local network from ubuntu server.

Thank you.

Anhang safexam.png
Als Antwort auf R Ali

von Tim Hunt -
Nutzerbild von Core developers Nutzerbild von Documentation writers Nutzerbild von Particularly helpful Moodlers Nutzerbild von Peer reviewers Nutzerbild von Plugin developers

www.safeexambrowser.com/download is not a link. You need to make that http://www.safeexambrowser.com/download. (That is in the admin settings.)

Als Antwort auf Tim Hunt

von R Ali -

Thank you Tim.

The link you gave did not work " http://www.safeexambrowser.com/download"

It gave this error "This space is managed by SourceForge.net. You have attempted to access a URL that either never existed or is no longer active. Please check the source of your link and/or contact the maintainer of the link to have them update their records."

I went to the examsafebrowser website and copied the following link which I used instead in the admin setting.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/seb/files/seb/SEB_2.0.1/SafeExamBrowserInstaller.exe/download

It is downloading quite right and I just need to make sure it works as I need it to.

Thank you.

Als Antwort auf R Ali

von Tim Hunt -

The point is:

• You need to give ti the right link.
  • The link must be a full URL, including the http(s):// bit.
Als Antwort auf Tim Hunt

von R Ali -

Thank you Tim.

Still not working with the "https://......". Not too sure why.

What I have done is, I have uploaded the SEB exe file as a resource on a course page as well as the .seb file. Users can download it onto their computer this way without the need for this link  not working.

I got the SEB working now but still not secure on my moodle installation. Is there a way to disable the side blocks in exam mode.

The quiz page was loaded with the navigation and admin blocks as well. Also at the end, once the user finished the attempt it goes back to the start page.

I am still trying out various settings but the main point here is I  need the navigation block disabled in the quiz mode for exam.

For the Mac setting for .seb

Can I do the settings for both Mac and Windows on just one instance of the .seb or do I have to do it separately? and generate two different keys.

Thank you for your help.

Als Antwort auf R Ali

von R Ali -
Just wondering why is there no SEB for Ubuntu linux desktop?

Any particular reason why it's just for Windows and Mac?

Als Antwort auf R Ali

von Tim Hunt -

Because there are a million different Linux distros, with many different desktop front-ends, so it is almost impossible to give any reliable security like SEB does on Windows and Mac.

Als Antwort auf R Ali

von Albert Leatherman -

How did you create a .seb file? I still can't figure that one out.

Als Antwort auf Albert Leatherman

von Clay Burell -

I've read the documentation several times and still can't figure out how to get the key and how to make a .seb file. Did you ever figure it out?

Als Antwort auf Clay Burell

von Hugo Ribeiro -
Nutzerbild von Particularly helpful Moodlers Nutzerbild von Plugin developers Nutzerbild von Testers

Yes, despite having some minor issues with the key itself.

If you are on windows you should open the "SEB config tool". That's the place where you'll build your configurations and get the key. When you have your settings ready you can save a SEB file. (save setting As)

Als Antwort auf R Ali

von Ashwini Borole -

This might be too late to ask on this thread.. But I am facing similar issues.. By any chance did u found any solution to disable the side blocks?

In Addition to this, when I use my .seb file, I am able to attempt the quiz with "admin" role but if I logged in with student login, I am not able to see the "Attempt Option". I am not able to figure it out why it is happening so.

Please help.

Thanks & Regards,

Ashwini.