Certificate logs not visible in Outline Report

Certificate logs not visible in Outline Report

by Kuriko A -
Number of replies: 3

I've recently upgraded my Moodle site from 2.6 to 2.7.2 and I've just noticed that the Outline report (report/outline/index.php) stopped showing accurate data for the number of views on the certificate as of the date of the upgrade (which in our case was 3 November). All other activities are displaying the number of views accurately (see attached screenshot). 

I wonder if this has something to do with the new log structure in Moodle 2.7? 

I have upgraded the certificate module \to the latest version - 2014051200 - but the outline report is still not showing the data. So I'm wondering if perhaps this has been addressed in the latest version of the Certificate module, but perhaps there is a setting that I need to update also? 

I'm guessing the logs for the number of certificates viewed must still be in the database somewhere, as the data is showing up in the progress report (report/progress/index.php). 

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Attachment Certificate-module-logs.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kuriko A

Re: Certificate logs not visible in Outline Report

by Jean-Michel Védrine -

Hello,

Unfortunately the certificate activity module has only been upgraded to the new logging system on October 2014, and this version is not available in the Moodle plugin directory.

A solution would be to go to the github repository https://github.com/markn86/moodle-mod_certificate and click on the "Download ZIP" button on the right, and upgrade your Moodle server with this version.

In reply to Jean-Michel Védrine

by Kuriko A -

Thank you so much for your help! I will try that!

In reply to Jean-Michel Védrine

by Scott McLeod -

Is the October 2014 version going to end up in the Moodle plugin directory, or is it a pre-release version?

(I'm kind of hijacking this thread but...) We're in need of better reporting with regard to users and certificates on our site, as some of our courses are valid for credits which translate into yearly re-certification, and other courses are mandatory, or completely optional.

Does the new version address better reports site-wide?