New Scorm Resize Bug in Chrome/Mac

New Scorm Resize Bug in Chrome/Mac

by Hugh Edwards -
Number of replies: 2

Hello Fellow Moodlers. 

I have a large installation (circa 14k users) and I have a problem which has only recently emerged with my Scorm 1.2 courses. 

Some users (it turns out that all are on Macs and Chrome) are experiencing a resize error on the initial course load. We open in a new window and when it opens the course is tiny and at the top. rather than full-size. 

It's worth saying at this point that the moodle settings are correct and the Scorm player settings are correct. I'm seeing this myself on the latest version of Chrome on courses that previously worked and have not been changed at all - also no other changes on the server

I've attached a picture for you to see. This is a full-screen shot. 

It's also worth noting my Chrome version - Version 39.0.2171.71 (64-bit). I would tell you the Java version, but on Mac from Mavericks onwards the Java console isn't included in OSX and although I've updated Java to the latest version, it hasn't helped. 

There is a way round it, which is to just zoom in or out in the window (CMD - or +) and then the screen resizes, but it doesn't look professional and it's a pain in the arse. 

Has anyone seen this issue, and know of a fix?

Thanks! smile 

Hugh. 

And

Average of ratings: -