Moodle research

Book recommend

This discussion has been locked because a year has elapsed since the last post. Please start a new discussion topic.
Picture of dawn alderson
Book recommend

...I maybe a couple of months behind you all...as this book was out in Oct.  Nevertheless,  thought it worth posting here for those others lagging behind with me smile

The Innovators Walter Issacson (2014)

http://books.simonandschuster.com/The-Innovators/Walter-Isaacson/9781476708690

D

Average of ratings: -
My mug
Re: Book recommend
Group Core developersGroup Moodle Course Creator Certificate holdersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Plugin developersGroup Testers

Thanks, Dawn.

I'm actually listening to this as an audio book. It's a nice history of the teams of people that led us to the PC and Internet we know today. The author previously wrote the Steve Jobs book that is now being made into a movie.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
Picture of dawn alderson
Re: Book recommend

Michael, hi

what grabbed my attention is the notion of exploring interstices....the gaps between one thing and another....the potential in-between-ess for new.....I saw the author chat on some tv news interview....and he stated.....that in the book he discusses the how....the do.....the action for innovation-linked with creativity for innovation; a focuses on blending two poles....two items....two features- into something new....now nothing is new....because new is not necessarily new to all......but in terms of domains-......audience....cultural 'this is what we do' as per....there is a space for change in melding two existing things....a third space for creativity and innovation....and the book blurb sold to me, well-it echoed a way of seeing, a lens if you like-in layman's terms how that process unravels ....going to get the audio too.

A gag....I wonder how the author distinguishes between genius, geek and other smile LoLs!

D   

Average of ratings: -