2.8.1 Gradebook feature request: bulk delete outcomes in Items and Categories

2.8.1 Gradebook feature request: bulk delete outcomes in Items and Categories

by Clay Burell -
Number of replies: 2

The current Gradebook requires a click marathon to delete multiple outcomes from Gradebook. Suggested improvement: Allow "Select > With Selected > Delete selected items". That makes it one click instead of, in my current case, dozens.

(Side note: I'm discovering that Advanced Grading using Rubrics--with each row in the rubric assessing an outcome--serves beautifully for Standards-Based Assessment and Reporting. Simply "Export Rubric Grades" and the spreadsheet gives a sortable by outcome report. This is why I'm deleting all outcomes from these assignments. The rubric creates both an overall letter grade out of 100%, and a SBG report on mastery levels for each outcome.

Still, it would be nice to delete all desired outcomes with one click, regardless.)

Screenshot:

Delete outcomes

In reply to Clay Burell

Re: 2.8.1 Gradebook feature request: bulk delete outcomes in Items and Categories

by Darrin Rogers -

Oh holy all that is holy, yes. I'm agreeing with you Moodle's otherwise generally wonderful interface would be greatly improved by this. Also some way to move blocks of items without the carpal-tunnel-inducing "click marathon" you describe. Please please.

To illuminate an example: I am at this moment deleting 20 or 30 entries intended as hand-entry items but which have been supplanted by online quizzes. My slow (shared hosting; working on that) moodle install takes literally > 1 minute for each delete. So that means I need to be here for half an hour, completely unable to use my locked-up "waiting" moodle so I can do this. A quick, usable "bulk delete" option would be a godsend.

In reply to Darrin Rogers

Re: 2.8.1 Gradebook feature request: bulk delete outcomes in Items and Categories

by Joshua Holden -

Me too!  Is there a tracker item I can vote for?