Hotpot misbehavin

Hotpot misbehavin

by Alex Varsakopoulos -
Number of replies: 14

Hi,

I'm including two pics that show the problem.  When I post it on moodle I get the first pic and the second when I run it from my desktop.

I want the one on moodle to look as the one on my desktop.

Could someone suggest a solution to this please?

Thank you!
Alex

Attachment gerund2.JPG
Attachment gerunds(2).JPG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alex Varsakopoulos

Re: Hotpot misbehavin

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Alex,

please tell us:

• What version of Moodle you are using
  • What Moodle theme you are using
  • What "output format" the HotPot activity is using

Also, if possible please attach the actual Hot Potatoes file you are using to your next post to this thread.

Thanks
Gordon

In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Alex,

from the screenshot, I guess that this is a JMatch Sort quiz delivered via QuizPort on Moodle 1.9, and that you are using the "Afterburner" theme. Does that sound right?

Does the quiz display as expected if you switch to the standard theme?

Please attach the jmx file to your next post, so that I have something to test on.

thanks
Gordon

by Alex Varsakopoulos -

Gordon,

Here are the remaining files:

• javascript
  • moodle 2.8.1 posting of the same hotpot file.

Thank you!
Alex

Attachment moodle28.JPG

by Gordon Bateson -

Hi Alex,

In Moodle 1.9 with the standard theme using QuizPort to administer the jmt file with the "JMatch Sort from xml" output format, the quiz displays and behaves as expected (see screenshot).

Furthermore, in Moodle 2.8 with the standard theme using TaskChain to administer the jmt file with the "JMatch Sort from xml" output format, the quiz again displays and behaves as expected (see screenshot).

Please could you confirm that you are using the jmt file with the "JMatch Sort from xml" output format to administer this quiz.

I will try the same thing with the "Rocket" theme now. Is that a standard theme? If not, where can I get it?

cheers
Gordon

Attachment quizport.jmatch.sort.png
Attachment taskchain.jmatch.sort.png

by Gordon Bateson -

Alex,
is this the Afterburner theme you were using on your Moodle 1.9 site?

Unfortunately, the Moodle 1.9 version of the theme seems to be no longer available, so I'm stuck thoughtful

... no, I think I've found it:

by Gordon Bateson -

Alex,
I installed and activiated the Afterburner theme on my Moodle 1.9 site, and found that your JMatch displays fine in QuizPort (see attached screenshot) if you run it from the jmt file with the "JMatch Sort from xml" output format.

Therefore, I don't think the theme matters. Rather, the important point is to run the quiz from the jmt file with the "JMatch Sort from xml" output format. This should allow it to work in either QuizPort or TaskChain in any version of Moodle.

I think perhaps that you were running the quiz from the html file, and neither QuizPort nor TaskChain knows how to detect or manipulate JMatch Sort html files. Please switch to using the jmt file. 

regards
Gordon

Attachment Moodle.19.afterburner.JMatch.Sort.png
Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Alex Varsakopoulos -

Hi Gordon,

I've been looking for the theme also.  I'm not sure the zip you found is the version I'm using.

I'm also going through all the changes you are suggesting to see if I will eventually change themes.

Since you've been so incredibly helpful and I'm not that savvy I will wait for your outcome with Afterburner.

Thank you so much!
Alex

by Alex Varsakopoulos -

Gordon,

Where do you determine/decide the output format in Hotpot and more specifically in Jmatch?

Thank you,
Alex

by Gordon Bateson -

As you may know, each "quiz" in a QuizPort and each "task" in a TaskChain has its own settings page. You can access these settings pages in a number of ways.

• when viewing the quiz/task as an editing teacher or admin, click the edit icon that is displayed next to the title in the middle of the page at the top of the quiz/task
  • go the Edit quizzes/tasks page and click the edit icon in the row for the quiz you want to edit
  • if the QuizPort/TaskChain activity contains several quizzes/tasks, and there are no pre- or post-conditions defined, then you can click the edit icon for the desired quiz/task in the menu of quizzes/tasks that is displayed when viewing the activity

Once you have got to the settings page for your quiz/task, then change the "Output format" setting, in the "Display" section of the settings page, to "JMatch Sort from xml".

regards
Gordon

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Alex Varsakopoulos -

Hi Gordon,

I followed you instructions and it worked.

Could you please suggest a place where I can get a read on the different output formats?

Thank you!!!

Alex

by Alex Varsakopoulos -

Hi Gordon,

I tried the same thing on a 2.7.2 and  I got nothing relatively speaking,

Loaded the same .jmt file but could not get an output format menu.

The taskchain version was the most recent, Sunday 7/12.

Thank you,
Alex

by Gordon Bateson -

I wonder what went wrong.

1. Could you create the TaskChain activity?
  2. Could you display the task within the TaskChain activity?
  3. Did you click the edit icon next to the title?
  4. Did the task settings page appear?
  5. Did you confirm that the jmt file is the "Main file" in the "Source file" setting?
  6. Could you find the "Display" section?
  7. Could you find the "Output format" setting in the "Display section"?
  8. Could you select "JMatch Sort from xml" from the "Output format" menu in the "Display section"?

by Alex Varsakopoulos -

Hi Gordon,

The answers to your questions:

I use Moodle version: 1.9.10.

Theme: Rocket

I'm not sure about the answer to the 'output format'!! Jmatch?

I have also included a pic from 2.8.1 with the same file.

Here are all the files.  I can only send them in batches of two.

Thank you very much!

Alex

Attachment gerund2.JPG
Attachment gerunds(1).JPG