Re: BCU Theme support

by Fernando Acedo -
Number of replies: 18
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

You can disable this menu in:

In reply to Fernando Acedo

by T K -

I want logged in user to only see their enrolled courses. Suddenly i realised that the user is also able to view All Folders link. How do i remove this link?

tt

In reply to T K

by T K -

One more question, on the logged in user frontpage, is it possible to group the enrolled courses in their categories, instead of having the courses scattered about?

In reply to T K

by Fernando Acedo -

No, as far I know. This is a moodle feature and it is supposed that the student is enrolled in a few courses not enough to be divided in categories.

In reply to T K

by Fernando Acedo -

Redirect the logged user to the Dashboard instead the frontpage and you will see only your courses.

by T K -

How can i do this?

Does this mean students go to dashboard straight? Who would see the frontpage then?

In reply to T K

by Fernando Acedo -

This is the information to redirect logged users to Dashboard.

https://docs.moodle.org/29/en/Dashboard

In BCU you can add the Dashboard menu to the navbar. Guest will see the front page, after login they will be redirected to Dashboard and they could go at any moment using the "Dashboard" menu.

by T K -

My moodle 2.8 uses My home instead of Dashboard. How can i change it to Dashboard? It sounds better in our context

In reply to T K

by Fernando Acedo -

In the existing version, BCU uses the default moodle label. In version 2.8 was 'My Home' and from version 2.9 is 'Dashboard'

In the beta version you can change this label.

by T K -

2.9 is beta version now?

In reply to T K

by Fernando Acedo -

The new BCU Beta version is available in: https://bitbucket.org/covuni/moodle-theme_bcu

The direct link to download the theme is: https://bitbucket.org/covuni/moodle-theme_bcu/get/master.zip

Still in Beta so do not use in production sites. It runs in moodle 2.8, 2.9 and 3.0.

It has many more features and settings. It takes some time to configure the theme and for the moment no documentation available until the development finish that I hope will be soon.

Suggestions, comments and bugs are always welcome.

by Ricardo Groiso -

Hi, Fernando

In BCU Beta version

To make the issue of translation, to translate the file lang > en > theme_bcu.php

I create a directory lang > pt_br and put the translation of this directory before doing the installation?

In reply to Ricardo Groiso

by Fernando Acedo -

Ricardo,

this is at your choice, you can translate the strings before or after installation.

Anyway, even I do not expect more changes in the lang file, my advice is to wait a few days to get a stable version. Then I will start also the translation to spanish and other languages.

And we'll be glad to add your translation to the theme.

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Plugins on the plugins database no longer need to include other languages as files.  You can use AMOS -> https://docs.moodle.org/dev/AMOS_manual?redirect=no and therefore anybody can go in and translate strings.  The translated strings are then available in the language pack itself.  Also see:

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Fernando Acedo -

Thank you Gareth for the information. But we are talking about the new version that still in Beta and I don't know when will be published yet. For now, the new version has about 500 strings more than the existing.

If someone want to start the translation then can do it now using the lang file and import the file to AMOS later (or share it here and I will upload it if don't have an account).

Personally I prefer this procedure because I work better with my editor than the AMOS page.

by Ricardo Groiso -
Hi, Fernando

I have
already installed the previous version. When I tried to install the beta version, error gave the name of files to the root Fixing in hand, it still does not install as an upgrade in the previous version, only deleting the previous version.

Any change
can send me that I test here.

In reply to T K

by T K -

anyone knows how to remove the "all folders" link from the frontpage?