Importing Schoology courses

Importing Schoology courses

by Raymond Norton -
Number of replies: 6

I am finding many conversations on the net of importing Moodle courses into Schoology, but nothing on how to import Schoology courses into Moodle. Is there a good step by step process for this?

We are using Moodle 2.8.1

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Raymond Norton

Re: Importing Schoology courses

by ben reynolds -

I don't have an answer for this. I'm posting just to follow what is said later.

by Raymond Norton -

Bump

by Jason Hardin -

I don't believe there isn't anything out there. how do you actually get a course out of Schoology? I was putting around after seeing this post and I couldn't find a way to download a copy of a course on the free account. You could Save a course to resources another course but I coukd not find a way to actually download the course. 

If you can't get the course out of Schoology without a paid for account that will limit the creation of a course converter. Someone with an active account would need to create a course backup that could be used to test importing the course into Moodle.mfurthermore you would want to comepare the Moodle course with the Schoology coirse to make sure it was a high fidelity conversion.

by Khalil Amar -

Go to domain.com/resources#/resources

Resources menu > Personal

My resources menu > Export

File obtained: Home-Getting-Started-with-Schoology-Section-1.imscc

In reply to Khalil Amar

by Khalil Amar -

download the file from here: 

Home-Getting-Started-with-Schoology-Section-1.imscc  4.3 MB

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3FAOtvBZyYVM3JyQTZYYUFieUE&usp=sharing

In reply to Khalil Amar

by Nicole Pinto -

So I have successfully exported a backup of my Schoology course. When I try to restore it to Moodle it just tells me that the IMSCC file is not a valid Moodle file. Does anyone have suggestions on how to get these courses restored to Moodle?