A problem updating to latest HotPot version (39)

A problem updating to latest HotPot version (39)

by Séverin Terrier -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi,

I have a problem with the latest HotPot module version (39). On my server, i have several Moodle 2.7.3+ (Build: 20141112) instances.

Last week, i had updated them to the latest available HotPot version, with Moodle integrated update. No problem.

One strange thing : when i now look at the version, it's 2014112836, which doesn't exists on HotPot plugin download versions. I've also tried to use git, and checkout on different hash, but could'nt find this version 36 thoughtful

When i've done the update, everything was ok on one instance, but the other one showed me this error message :

mod_hotpot

Migrating Hot Potatoes logs: (61/493)

2.17 sec

12.37%

Erreur de programmation détectée. Ceci doit être corrigé par un programmeur : The course_module_viewed event must define objectid and object table.

Plus d'informations sur cette erreur

Debug info:
Error code: codingerror
Stack trace:
  • line 100 of /lib/classes/event/course_module_viewed.php: coding_exception thrown
  • line 252 of /lib/classes/event/base.php: call to core\event\course_module_viewed->validate_data()
  • line ? of unknownfile: call to core\event\base::create()
  • line 2028 of /mod/hotpot/lib.php: call to call_user_func()
  • line 935 of /mod/hotpot/db/upgrade.php: call to hotpot_add_to_log()
  • line 697 of /lib/upgradelib.php: call to xmldb_hotpot_upgrade()
  • line 420 of /lib/upgradelib.php: call to upgrade_plugins_modules()
  • line 1615 of /lib/upgradelib.php: call to upgrade_plugins()
  • line 434 of /admin/index.php: call to upgrade_noncore()

In fact, it seems there as been a (temporary) problem with MySql, as i received this message (by email) :

Insert into log table failed at Monday 01st of December 2014 07:05:38 AM.
 It is possible that your disk is full.

The failed query parameters are:

array (
  'time' => 1417417538,
  'userid' => '3',
  'course' => 0,
  'ip' => '10.5.27.10',
  'module' => 'hotpot',
  'cmid' => '0',
  'action' => 'OLD_attempt_started',
  'url' => 'view.php?id=',
  'info' => NULL,
)

But my disk is NOT full at all !

I've tried to re-install version 36, but can't find it, tried version 37 with no better chance.
I'm now stuck, and can't finish the upgrade.

The problem being that, upgrade pending, cron is automatically desactivated, so no email copies of forum messages are sent sad

The only solution i've found so far is to delete the moodle/mod/hotpot directory. HotPot modules are no more accessible/usable, but my cron can work.

I really hope to find a better solution.

Another information : on my instances, both legacy logs and normal log are activated (but i doubt it changes anything).

I think it's related to an incomplet query when updating...

What can i do?

Séverin

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Séverin Terrier

Re: A problem updating to latest HotPot version (39)

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Severin,

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are having upgrading the HotPot module on your two servers. I have just released a new version, 2014.12.04 (40), of the HotPot module. Please could you download it from github.com or Moodle.org, try the upgrade again, and let me know how you get on.

thanks and best regards
Gordon 

In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Gordon,

Firstly, thanks for your quick answer (and making a new version) smile

Unfortunatly, when i try to update HotPot module to this new version, i just get this (with debug) :

mod_hotpot

Notice: Undefined variable: DB in /path/to/my/moodle/mod/hotpot/lib.php on line 2061

Fatal error: Call to a member function get_field() on a non-object in /path/to/my/moodle/mod/hotpot/lib.php on line 2061

And then nothing else : the page is blank after that.

Don't know what to do...

Séverin

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Dear Severin,

my apologies for my careless mistake. I have believe it is fixed in the latest version of HotPot. Please update one more time and let my know if the upgrade completes succesfully.

best regards
Gordon

In reply to Gordon Bateson

(Solved) Re: A problem updating to latest HotPot version (39) solved in V41

by Séverin Terrier -

Gordon,

Thanks for your reactivity!

It works Ok with V41 : all my logs have been converted, and the update has passed smile

It's really amazing to have people involved in what they develop, taking care of problems to correct them soon!

Thanks again,

Séverin

Re: (Solved) Re: A problem updating to latest HotPot version (39) solved in V41

by Gordon Bateson -

Hurray - thank you for your belief and perseverance Séverin approve

all the best
Gordon