[Solved] Restored Course disappears after login

[Solved] Restored Course disappears after login

โดย Ron Raney -
Number of replies: 2

Hello, I am using Moodle 2.6.6 for production. The development version is Moodle 2.6.2. We are using Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP on the server. I am trying to use Restore to load a course into a production build of Moodle. I was able to load the course (after changing some permissions in the directories). I logged in this morning, and my course was replaced by a brand new course. All of my activities, blocks and everything were gone. So I restored the course again, logged out and back in, and the same thing happened. My course disappeared.

I am totally clueless on what to try next. Can I create a new course with the course backup? Since it seems tied to my account somehow, does it have to do with admin permissions somehow? The development version of Moodle 2.6.2. Would there be a conflict with slightly different versions of Moodle?

Any help appreciated.

P.S. I am not including any user data in the course backup/restore.

(Edited by Gareth J Barnard - original submission Wednesday, 3 December 2014, 4:41 PM) - Added [Solved] to subject.

การประเมินโดยเฉลี่ย: -
In reply to Ron Raney

Re: Restored Course disappears after login

โดย Ron Raney -

Solution: Perform the restore as a merge into the current course and delete the current course data.

I didn't give you guys enough information. I was trying to restore the course as a new course. I'm not really sure what that does or what that means. But I got it to work by merging into the current course, and deleting the existing course.

Hope that helps someone in the future.

การประเมินโดยเฉลี่ย: -