Aardvark: Change url color

Aardvark: Change url color

by Tiffany Morgan -
Number of replies: 4
Hi all
Using Aardvark 2014051300 and wondering how I can modify the plain and hover color for urls. I'm sure this is easy and I'm just not seeing it. Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tiffany Morgan

Re: Aardvark: Change url color

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

If this is a global change where you want ALL links and hovers to use separate colours then you need to add the following...

a:link {color: red;}

a:visited {color: pink;}

a:hover {color: navy;}

a:action {color: blue;}

a:focus {color: orange;}

into your Aardvark Custom CSS box found in Aardvark's settings page found here...

Site Administration > Appearance > Themes > Aardvark (this is a link within a list of other theme names with custom settings pages).

You can find out more about styling links HERE

Hope that helps?

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Tiffany Morgan -

Hi Mary

That is great--thanks for the quick reply. That helps quite a bit. The next step is Ideally, I'd like to modify it so it is changed on resources (pages, for example) and within labels and topic summaries, but maybe not in blocks or other menus, etc. I wasn't quite sure how I might reference that. I've looked at the style sheets in the theme but I'm still not quite sure...

Thanks again!

In reply to Tiffany Morgan

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi, 

If you take a look at the reply I made in THIS DISCUSSION THREAD

you will learn a useful way of searching out the different CSS rules applied to various elements on Moodle including the links you mentioned. Just remember to add the a:link and a:hover to change the links you want to.

If you get stuck just copy the css you find and post it here and I'll tell you how to rewrite it to customise it in order for it work as you want it to.

Cheers

Mary