Why don't I have a response box instead of undercores?

Why don't I have a response box instead of undercores?

autor Saeed Amiri -
Počet odpovědí: 8

Hello

I'm trying to use the short answer question type with lesson activity. I know I have to add 5 or more underscores instead of a blank in my question to be changed to a response box after it is parsed by Moodle, but, for whatever reason, I do not have it. Instead I have my own underscores in the question. Of course, this is not true with the short answer question type in the question bank. I mean, it works as expected there creating the required response box instead of the underscores.

Does any one have the same experience as me? Is that a bug or am I mistaking something? 

By the way, I am using Moodle version 2.7.

Regards

Průměr hodnocení: -
V odpovědi na Saeed Amiri

Re: Why don't I have a response box instead of undercores?

autor Tim Hunt -
Obrázek: Core developers Obrázek: Documentation writers Obrázek: Particularly helpful Moodlers Obrázek: Peer reviewers Obrázek: Plugin developers

The underscores trick only works in the Quiz, not the Lesson.

V odpovědi na Tim Hunt

autor Saeed Amiri -

@Tim Hunt. Hi. Thanks for responding. Any particular reasons why we could not have that feature for short answer question types in lessons as well?

autor Jean-Michel Védrine -

Hello Saeed,

This should be doable, one would have to modify the definition function in the lesson_display_answer_form_shortanswer class in mod/lesson/pagetyes/shortanswer.php.

Please can you create an issue in the tracker so that this feature is not lost.

Unfortunately I don't think I will be able to work on it in the near future giving my workload and all the major bugs I want to solve in the lesson activity first.

But of course if you or any other lesson's user knowing php wants to work on it, I can give some guidance and help to integrate it once the patch is working.

The code in question/type/shortanswer/renderer.php can be of some help but you would have to adapt it because lesson code is just a basic Moodle form and the question engine is a lot more sophisticated.

V odpovědi na Jean-Michel Védrine

I have created MDL-48473 to take care of this issue when I find some time.

This is not very complicated and it's not a big change (only a few lines) I think it would be useful.

Also this discussion makes me realize that currently all "fill in the blank" imported questions are not displayed correctly in lesson.

V odpovědi na Jean-Michel Védrine

autor Saeed Amiri -

Hello Jean-Michel

Thanks a lot for responding and creating the tracker. Unfortunately, I myself am not much advanced in php programming ( actually, I have started the basics recently úsměv), or I could help with that. 

I am glad to find out that there is the possibility of such a change being incorporated into Moodle lessons anyways.

Thanks again.

Regards

Hello,

I am happy to report that this feature is now part of Moodle 2.9dev so it will be available in a few months when Moodle 2.9 will be released.

V odpovědi na Tim Hunt

autor Kevin Barhydt -

Hi,

I'm wondering, can I use multiple underscores in a short answer quiz question? I am trying (Moodle 2.8) but it only creates one text box for the first underscore. (see example and screenshot below)

Is this a bug?

Hope you can help.

Thank you,

Kevin 

Question:  The European leaders who turned against Wilson in Paris and pushed for tougher treaties were ____________________ of Britain, ____________________ of France, and ____________________ of Italy.