Rate data not saved in CSV export file

Rate data not saved in CSV export file

by Peter Ruthven-Stuart -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Plugin developers
Does anyone know a workaround for this problem?

I have a questionnaire in which I have used the 'Rate (scale 1 ..5)' Type question. Some 250 students have answered the questionnaire and all the results appear within the Moodle interface. However, when I export the results as a CSV file the results for the items that used the 'Rate (scale 1 ..5)' Type question are wrong.

There are two versions of this problem:
  1. On my production site I am using Moodle 1.4.3, and Questionnaire Module version 2005030101. In this case all of the item names appear in the top row of the CSV file, but all of the results for the 'Rate (scale 1 ..5)' Type are missing.
  2. On my experimental site I am using Moodle 1.5, and Questionnaire Module version 2005062701. With this set up, only the result of the last 'Rate (scale 1 ..5)' Type is reported. What is more, the reported results is one less (minus 1) than the actual number chosen.
Having done a search for 'CSV export' within the Questionnaire forum, it seems that I am not the only Moodler to have experienced this problem. For example see Peter Noelle's posting, and Alex Walker's posting.

I realise that for any future questionnaires I make, the solution will be to use another item type (e.g. radio buttons), however is there anyway that I can extract the results for the 'Rate (scale 1 ..5)' Type items in the questionnaire that has already been answerd by 250 students on my production site. I had the results sent to my email, so it may be possible for me to convert these 250 emails into a CSV file, however, if anyone knows a simpler solution, I'd much appeciate your advice.

Thank you.
Average of ratings: -