Moodle 2.8 - Debug Error Message when Editing Quiz

Moodle 2.8 - Debug Error Message when Editing Quiz

by Clinton Bartholomew -
Number of replies: 2

We recently upgraded from Moodle 2.7 to Moodle 2.8.1 and since the upgrade we have been unable to edit a quiz. To determine what was happening we turned on Debug and got the following error message.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mod_quiz\output\question_get_category_id_from_pagevars() in /var/www/html/mod/quiz/classes/output/edit_renderer.php on line 471

Currently we have no idea how to fix this problem. However, without the ability to quiz our students, a function we use extensively on Moodle, the usability of Moodle has decreased substantially. Any ideas how to fix this problem?

Sincerely,

Clinton Bartholomew

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Clinton Bartholomew

Re: Moodle 2.8 - Debug Error Message when Editing Quiz

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I don't see that error. (E.g. you can try it at qa.moodle.net, and it works there.)

Which version of PHP are you using? I wonder if there is some subtlety about how namespaces work that changes between PHP versions?

In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Moodle 2.8 - Debug Error Message when Editing Quiz

by Roland St. Amand -

Hello Tim, thank you for your response.  Clint and I have both been working on this together.  Our current PHP version is 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.3