Assignments are not allow submission boxes to appear.

Assignments are not allow submission boxes to appear.

by Reid Vaughan -
Number of replies: 7

We are running Version 2.5.2+

We have received a few calls the past week of assignments no longer having submission points.  I have checked the settings for assignments that I know were working and they are no longer functioning as they should.  I have even attempted to create a few new file submission points and they have not allowed me to submit any items either.  Has anyone else had this problem and can offer some assistance?

Thanks,

CRV

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Reid Vaughan

Re: Assignments are not allow submission boxes to appear.

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Are you looking with a student account? Because if you simply switch role to student then the submission box will not appear, and it won't appear if the user is logged in as a guest either.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Reid Vaughan -

I logged in as a student (one of our test accounts) and it still did not show.  I was able to see it in one of our fire officer courses just a few months ago even as an admin.  As of today they are missing. 

In reply to Reid Vaughan

by ben reynolds -

Have you got due dates that have expired? Or have you got groups but your test subjects are not in the groups?

In reply to ben reynolds

by Reid Vaughan -

Those have been cleared and then reset as well.  Still no luck. 

In reply to Reid Vaughan

by ben reynolds -

Stabbing in the dark here. You use "submit for grading," and everything has been submitted. Only the teacher can "revert to draft."

And another shot in the dark. If a teacher uses (Mary Cooch, help!) the grade next or something function (we don't use this at my institution), the whole assignment is locked up, and nobody can grade anything more. The most dangerous way to grade is through the gradebook. The safest way, IMO, is via the actual assignment.

In reply to ben reynolds

by Tracy McNair -

We are still fighting with this issue.  I have tried unlocking the assignment and reverting to draft mode. I changed the open and closed dates for the assignment.  The Edit Submission button is visible, but not the Submit Assignment. It is a group assignment.  I can attach an image of the assignment properties if that would help.

In reply to Tracy McNair

by Lynn Hadfield -

Have you checked the information about group assignments (image attached)?  If disabled, once submitted the other group members won't see a submission button.

Attachment screenshot.JPG