Long lessons

Long lessons

le Julie Freeman -
Number of replies: 2

Hello, I am hoping someone might know the answer as searching wherever I can has not given me any answers.

Is there a restriction to the number of content pages you can have in a Lesson?  I am currently building a course on behalf of someone else and there are 98 slides in the lesson I am migrating from one platform to Moodle.  I have six lessons of this length in total.  I would hate to have built up to say, 80 of these slides, only to find that it's reached capacity.  It's quite onerous to upload one image at a time into the Lesson, too.  If  anyone knows a faster way, that would be wonderful.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Kind regards, Julie

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Julie Freeman

Re: Long lessons

le Jean-Michel Védrine -

Hello Julie,

I must admit I am puzzled by your question sad

There is surely a limit on everything with computers because infinity is only a mathematician invention, everything is finite on earth!

But the limit on the number of pages in a lesson (or the size of one page's content) is so big that I am quite sure you will not reach it (and your disk space will be exhausted before you reach it).

For your images, here is how I do it, but maybe other lesson's users will give you other ideas, there is not an unique way to do things in Moodle:

- I zip all my images

- I go to My profile -> private files

- I upload the zip file and unzip it (don't forget to save changes after unzipping -) )

- When I need to embed an image in a lesson (or anywhere else), I browse Repositories and I select the "Private files" repository in the left menu and choose the image I want.

I find this easier than upload images one by one when I know that I will use a lot of images in the same lesson and I have all of them available in my computer.

I also put in my private files the images I use many times so that I have them available everywhere.

In reply to Jean-Michel Védrine

Re: Long lessons

le Julie Freeman -

Hi Jean-Michel

Thanks for your reply.  Sorry for the late response.  I was concerned about whether there was a restriction when using the Lesson tool and I didn't want to manually load 98 image files, one by one, adding the content "Next" and "Back" only to find that I may have used the absolute number of content pages that you could use.  But I was able to add 98 images successfully.

As it turns out, the project manager would prefer the use of the Lightbox Gallery anyway, and hopefully I can easily find the option to hide the 98 images from displaying in the topic!

I am working to create a portable Moodle and managed to get to 2.2 successfully but did read that somebody has achieved a portable version of 2.7 but have so far spent the whole morning with no success.  I think it's time for a walk, a think and then try again later today.

Thanks for your help.  Happy Moodling.

Julie