Stop managers getting emails from assignment submissions

Stop managers getting emails from assignment submissions

by Kieran Briggs -
Number of replies: 4

Moodle 2.7

I have a role which is created from the Manager Role and is category based.  The users in this role are getting emails each time a student is submitting work or completing a quiz.  I can see where the capability is to stop an email from a quiz being sent to the manager, but I can't find where to stop them receiving emails when a student submits work.

Can someone tell me where it is or how to turn off them.  I don't want to turn the email teacher option off in the assignment itself as the teachers till needs to get the email.

Thanks

Kieran

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kieran Briggs

Re: Stop managers getting emails from assignment submissions

by William Lu -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Check the permission setting of the role, with site admin account or in the course's role overwritten setting. 

role

In reply to William Lu

by Kieran Briggs -

Thanks, 

I've now set those to prevent, but non of them are for assignment, just feedback or quiz.  I'm hoping that the assignment uses the quiz capability to turn off notifications.

In reply to Kieran Briggs

by Kieran Briggs -

So I've done some digging further into this.  It appears that it linked to the capability mod/assign:grade  If they can grade it then they can be send emails.  There is no capability to let them grade it but not receive emails.

I'm going to add this to the tracker for a possible feature.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)