We are using Moodle 2.7.1+ (Build: 20140807).
Depending on the tool that teachers use to copy content from one course to another, they are losing the gradebook setup from the original course. By this, I mean I mean they lose any categories or aggregration changes they made. If they used a sum of points in the original course, the content moved to the new class would change back the aggregation to the site default of Simple Weighted Mean.
Test Types I Tried
- Restore adding to (merge)
- Restore overwrite
- Import - full course
- Import - partial, leaving items out
- Restore adding to (No categories, reverted to default
- Restore overwrite (No categories, reverted to default aggregation)
- Import - full course (Retained categories and sum aggregation
the professor set) - WINNER!
- Import - partial, leaving items out (No categories, reverted to default aggregation)
For faculty who want to retain an existing gradebook setup, I
found that you have to import the entire class, and then delete
any unwanted items after the import.
Have others seen this issue?
Thanks for any leads in advance.