Am i up to date?

Am i up to date?

by Carl Shepherdson -
Number of replies: 7

Hello,

We are having a few problems with certain modules in Moodle.

Could you please tell me if we are up to date:  Moodle 1.5 (2005060201)

Thanks in Advance

Carl

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Carl Shepherdson

Re: Am i up to date?

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
No - upgrade ASAP.  The Moodle download page has details.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Carl Shepherdson -
Thanks.

How do i go about upgrading?

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
In reply to Anthony Borrow

by Carl Shepherdson -
Thanks, im just worried in case i break it sad

Does anyone on the forum offer to do upgrades for free smile ?

TIA

Carl

by Anthony Borrow -
Carl,

I have found the forum to be a very helpful resource and the folks to be very responsive. I have found that if I spend a few minutes searching the forums for a keyword that I can usually find what I am looking for fairly quickly. Provided you have a backup, some time, and an adventurous spirit you should be fine doing the upgrade. Generally, as long as you only change one thing at a time you can easily get back to where you were. Good luck with your upgrade!
In reply to Anthony Borrow

by Carl Shepherdson -
Ive read the upgrade instructions and i just dont understand them. them instructions say not to overwrite new files? So why upgrade if the old files are still going to be used black eye

by Anthony Borrow -
Typically when I do an upgrade of the php code I rename my web/moodle directory to web/moodle144 and then create a new web/moodle directory where I put the new files. That way, with a good backup of the database you can easily switch back. I think what the instructions are trying to avoid is that you get some old code (depracated files) and some new code. I hope this helps and want to encourage you to keep at it - one step at a time.