Moodle 2.7.2: aria-labelledby="actionmenuaction-12" cut off

Moodle 2.7.2: aria-labelledby="actionmenuaction-12" cut off

by Monica Franz -
Number of replies: 10

Hi,

I just downloaded this plugin and started testing it.  The dropdown menue in 'Add Slots' is cut off like this

Which file in the github was changed to fix this bug. We aren't using Git that's why I need the fixed file(s).

Cheers,

Monica

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Monica Franz

Re: Moodle 2.7.2: aria-labelledby="actionmenuaction-12" cut off

by Henning Bostelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers

I'm not aware that I fixed anything related recently. Thus the problem may still exist. Would you mind opening a bug on the Tracker?

That said, I'm not sure whether this is a Scheduler issue or a Core issue, since the Aria menus are provided by Core.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Henning Bostelmann

by Monica Franz -

Sorry Henning,

I've  never opened a bug on the Moodle Tracker!

Could someone else do this for us?

Cheers,

Monica

In reply to Monica Franz

by Henning Bostelmann -

Hi Monica

I have opened CONTRIB-5479 . It would be good if you could add some more details there, e.g., in which browser this is happening and which Moodle theme you're using.

by Monica Franz -

Hi Henning,

sorry,that my response took so long, if upgraded to 2.7.3 after Christmas, hoping the problem would be solved.

Well, the theme I use is the 'standard' theme (in Moodle 2.7.3 it's al plugin). The Browser I've tested it with is Firefox 34.05.

Cheers,

Monica

In reply to Monica Franz

by Henning Bostelmann -

Hi Monica,

that explains it, I think: The problem is likely with the "Standard" theme rather than with Scheduler. As you say, "Standard" is no longer part of Moodle Core as of 2.7. The theme has been unmaintained for a year or so, thus I wouldn't be too surprised about the error.

by Monica Franz -

Hi Henning,

what should I do to get rid of this bug?

Well I hope some developer could give us an answer.

Until that happens could you post me screenshots about this and other DropDown menues you are using in the plugin, so at least I can have a look and decide whether to go live with his plugin (informing the users) or not.

To now which moodle source file/function/css causes this would be helpful to have a look at the code.

For a quick solution: Do you think an older version of this plugin for Moodle 2.5 (the theme is part of the core), would work for Moodle 2.7 as well?

Cheers,

Monica

In reply to Monica Franz

by Henning Bostelmann -

Hi Monica

I believe you should switch to the "Clean" theme which ships with (and is tested with) Moodle 2.7. Do this on your test site, and you will see whether or not this removes the problem with Scheduler. For me, the menu works fine with both the "Clean" and "More" themes.

The "Standard" theme is currently maintained by Mary Evans, I think. You might ask her about the bug. I'll also move the tracker issue over to her.

I haven't traced the bug down to the individual CSS instruction (I'm not maintaining these, I'm just calling a function from Core Moodle) so I'm afraid that part of the debugging would be left for you to do.

Scheduler 2.5 does not work with Moodle 2.7 and later.

Best wishes
Henning

by Monica Franz -

Hi Henning,

you were right! With the clear and move them it looks fine.

It is a css problem in the Standard theme, I'll see what Mary thinks of that.

Thank you for your help!

Cheers,

Monica

In reply to Monica Franz

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

My first thoughts was z-index however, it could be that if the menu is in the footer then it is because there is overflow hidden in page layouts.

That said I need to test this out before I fix it. 

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Monica Franz -

Hello Mary,

thank you very much for answering and your attempt to fix it!

Cheers,

Monica