Moodle 2.8: Single View and Groups

Moodle 2.8: Single View and Groups

by Brian Getsinger -
Number of replies: 7

I am having an issue with Moodle 2.8 Gradebook using Single View

I have two Groups (Group A and Group B). Teacher A is in Group A with her students and Teacher B is in Group B with his students. When the teachers log in and access the User Report, either teach ONLY has access to the students in their group, HOWEVER, when they switch the view to Single View, they see the grades for all students in the course. 

Is this a bug?

In reply to Brian Getsinger

Re: Moodle 2.8: Single View and Groups

by Brian Getsinger -

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi there. I just went and checked this on the School demo site and I agree with you - a teacher in  a group with the course and activities set to separate groups was able via Single view to see the other student's grades. I don't know if this has been reported but I would report it in the tracker if I were you and we can see if we can get more information that way.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Brian Getsinger -

Thank You Mary, I added it to the tracker.

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

And here it is for reference: MDL-48273

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is related but same ball park: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=275857 - I've commented on the tracker issue - MDL-48273 - as perhaps the failure causes output to stop.

Cheers,

Gareth

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi all,

Following on from this with a 'theme issue' (https://github.com/gjb2048/moodle-theme_essential/issues/393#issuecomment-66629415) - I have found that even though a theme can define 'side-pre' for the report layout, that when the single view report is used with groups then no 'side-pre' blocks exist!  Therefore no navigation / administration block!  Bug in core?

Cheers,

Gareth

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

If you look at the grade/report/singleview/index/php you will see that pagelayout is defined twice, first as 'redirect; and secondly as 'report'. It could well be that this is perhaps where it is wrong, and that the pagelayout needs to be defined as 'base' (which has no block regions) and NOT 'report' (which has block regions).

But this all depends on what is expected to be seen on that 'Single View' page when it is displayed?