Gradebook

Picture of Nikki Macfarlane
Displaying percents

I want to set up the gradebook so that students only see the percents they got and the weighted grades and points are only available to teachers.

However, it seems to be working for everything other than percents! The following is what happens:

Weighted grades - everyone
Points - teachers
Percents - teachers

Works perfectly

Weighted grades - teachers
Points - everyone
Percents - teachers

Works perfectly

Weighted grades - teachers
Points - teachers
Percents - everyone

Tells the student that the gradebook is hidden from students!

Is this a bug or something that has already been corrected that I cannot find?

Thanks,

Nikki
Picture of Jeff Graham
Re: Displaying percents

hi Nikki,

Thanks for the detailed information on this problem; it was a bug. Your information made solving it very easy smile

I have fixed the error in 1.5 Stable, and 1.6 both are available via CVS.

regards,
Jeff

Thanks Jeff, glad the description helped. I can't find it in the CVS. Can you give me a link please.

Nikki
Picture of Jeff Graham

Hi Nikki,

I failed to update this in HEAD. blush I have since fixed it.

You should be able to try CVS again. If you are using anonymous access it sometimes takes a while for the server and mirrors to update.

If you can't find it for whatever reason the following links should take you to an overview and download for index.php, which is the only file that needed a change. This will go in your grade folder.

regards,
Jeff

Thanks Jeff, downloaded the change just fine and it is working great.

Now just cannot figure out how to edit the grades. I have downloaded the manualgrade.zip file and installed it. I get the Edit grades tab on the page with a list of students and items for grading. If I click on a student I get the students grades alone. If I click on the student again, it takes me to their profile. If I go back to the Edit Grades tab and click on the item to grade it takes me to that item - directly to the assignment for example.

What am I missing? There does not seem to be any way to actually get in and start editing. Have I got the wrong file downloaded or something else that I cannot see? Feeling like I am not seeing something really obvious!

Nikki
Picture of Jeff Graham

Hi Nikki,

You will probably have better results posting your new question in the thread pertaining to that addon. It also only works with the assignment module at this time.

http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=24881

regards,
Jeff

Will do, thanks Jeff

Nikki