Grid format showing [pluginname....]

Grid format showing [pluginname....]

by Mary Cooch -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Gareth and other course format experts-  I wonder if I could get a quick answer on this please?

I am still in touch as a volunteer at my old high school and I asked the network manager there  if he would install the wonderful Grid course format for an Advent project - and he got back to me today saying he had done so - but when I checked I see it is disabled and not possible to enable it PLUS the name is not correct - see screenshot below. Am I right in thinking he has not perhaps unzipped it correctly  -is this folder the folder outside of the folder he should have uploaded to Moodle? Or is there some other error in installing? I don't have access to the server as he is in charge of it in the school, so I can't troubleshoot it myself, and I would like to be able to give him precise details about what to change when I email him later. Thanks smile (I'm assuming the version is correct as they are on 2.6 )

Attachment grid.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Grid format showing [pluginname....]

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Mary,

The 'pluginname' comes from the language file automatically when the structure is correct.  Given the text after the comma it is clear that the network manager has not 'read the fine manual' in the Readme.md file: https://github.com/gjb2048/moodle-format_grid/blob/MOODLE_26/Readme.md#installation and does not have the folder '/course/format/grid/' containing the structure and files you see here: https://github.com/gjb2048/moodle-format_grid/tree/MOODLE_26.

Gareth

Average of ratings:Useful (1)
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

Re: Grid format showing [pluginname....]

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Gareth

Thanks - I will send him the link to the document. He hasn't installed a course format before (although he has installed activity modules) I'll let you know how he gets on.

In reply to Mary Cooch

[Resolved] Grid format showing [pluginname....]

by Mary Cooch -

That was quick - he just emailed me and I checked again and all is now good; thanks Garethsmile