Collapsed topics - Show section summary collapsed

Collapsed topics - Show section summary collapsed

by Philip Roy -
Number of replies: 5

Hi all,

Just wondering if there might be a way to actually show the summary field for collapsed topics while it is collapsed? I know that's a bit of a contradiction in terms of functionality, but I like the idea of having just a very brief sentence present highlighting what is in that section, without the student having to reveal the section to find out.

So this...

Collapsed

Would then reveal this...

Revealed

Suggestions?

Phil

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Philip Roy

Re: Collapsed topics - Show section summary collapsed

by Gareth J Barnard -
Gambar Core developers Gambar Particularly helpful Moodlers Gambar Plugin developers

Possible with a code change but needs work.  Here I've just moved the html in the browser....

Attachment 2014-11-17 12_14_26-Course_ CT.jpg
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Philip Roy -

Thanks. Maybe something to consider as a possible feature? A "Show section summary" option?

Phil

In reply to Philip Roy

by Gareth J Barnard -
Gambar Core developers Gambar Particularly helpful Moodlers Gambar Plugin developers

Possibly.  The old 'time and money' raises its head.

In reply to Philip Roy

by Hartmut Scherer -

Hi Philip,

I am using Moodle 2.7 with the theme Shoehorn, which allows me to use accordion style wherever I want it. In the example below, topic 1 is visible, but access and visibility is restricted (available November 27). A user with student capability will see this today.

Summary collapsed

When the user hovers over the description, the entire summary will be visible.

Summary expanded

In the attached PDF you will find the CSS that I added in Custom CSS and the HTML code for the accordion style that I added in the topic #1 summary. 

With kind regards,

Hartmut

Average of ratings:Useful (1)
In reply to Hartmut Scherer

by Philip Roy -

Thanks, I appreciate the posting, but I wasn't really wanting to resolve this through CSS hiding...but thanks.

Phil