Does Moodle Mobile supports multilanguage?

Does Moodle Mobile supports multilanguage?

by Bernat Martinez -
Number of replies: 6

Using Moodle 2.6.6, Moodle mobile works fine but we have an issue in a course with multilanguage ( Spanish-English)

I have made a quick look at the forum mobile and found anything about this

In the computer, the course displays text according with the language selected, but in the mobile it displays Spanish in the label, and English in the name of activities.

And it is the same independently of the language selected in the mobile app settings

Thanks in advance

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bernat Martinez

Re: Does Moodle Mobile supports multilanguage?

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hello Bernat,

I'm just creating a course with multi lingual tags in both labels, activity names an descriptions to check what may be happening

Cheers, Juan

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hello Bernat,

most of the contents are retrieved in the app depending on the language you've selected in Moodle.

So if your profile is in english you will retrieve the activity names in english, that means that changing the language in the app has not the same effect that in Moodle.

In the app, changing the language of the app is just for translating the layout strings.

Cheers, Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Bernat Martinez -

Hello Juan, 

Sorry for late reply. Your post has make me more clear how multilanguage  works in Moodle Mobile. Anyway there are still some strange things. 

For some labels it works fine but in others not. In these ones the content shown in the mobile doesn't work as expected : arrow up/down means first words/complete text. Instead it shows old text that was written before in that  label, as it was saved in cache.....

On the other hand, LaTEX filter seems doesn't work and $$ are shown in a mathematical expression

Thanks a lot for your good work

by Juan Leyva -

Hello Bernat,

thanks for your comments, yes the label contents are stored in cache and that maybe the problem you are having, I'm going to create a issue in the tracker to check and refresh the cache for the labels

The LaTEX filter is also used in your labels? or only page contents?

Regards, Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Bernat Martinez -

LaTEX filter is used both in labels an page contents, but the problem in the Mobile version is in the labels. 

In the attachment is a screenshot of the mobile screen, by the way I can't understand why when doing this the image generated is so big (1080x1920)

Attachment Screenshot_2014-11-25-07-13-58.png

Re: Moodle in English: Re: Does Moodle Mobile supports multilanguage?

by Juan Leyva -

Thanks Bernat, I fixed the cache problem with labels I will look now the Latex problems

Cheers, Juan