Activites and Resources

Activites and Resources

by asha sterling -
Number of replies: 2

Hi

I am using Moodle 2. 7.2+

Is it possible to add Activities and Resources to front page. When I try to add a file via the "add activities and resources" link on the Front Page of my Moodle site it just goes back to the front page.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to asha sterling

Re: Activites and Resources

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

Yes, it is possible, but you need be careful where you are putting things. I do not use Category or Course listings on the Front Page, rather, I use a Topics section. Go to Site Admin > Front Page > Front Page Settings. There I set to "None"  the "Front Page" and "Front Page items when logged in". I then go to "Include Topics Section", giving it a click, then save and return to the Front Page. 

There is nothing there, just the Navigation and Admin blocks, and any other blocks you set up or are there by default when Editing is turned on.  You should be able to see the Add and Activity or Resource link now, so can add whatever you want. I am thinking you have not activated the Topics Section, so it does not work.  

In reply to Colin Fraser

Re: Activites and Resources

by asha sterling -

Thanks for responding, I tried what you said and for some reason it still does not want to work, maybe there is some setting I am missing somewhere?