2.8 Grader Report Fixed Student Name Column

2.8 Grader Report Fixed Student Name Column

by Coleen Fillion -
Number of replies: 6

Can someone PLEASE tell me how to make the STUDENT NAME COLUMN in the 2.8 Grader Report STATIC again!  I have dozens of assignments for more than 100 students, I can't keep scrolling from left to right when I'm trying to enter a grade for all of the students in a column that's a mile away from their names!  

In reply to Coleen Fillion

Re: 2.8 Grader Report Fixed Student Name Column

by Mark McKay -

Hi Coleen,

I have a vanilla instance of Moodle installed locally and by default, the student names "anchor" when they hit the left side of the browser border. Similarly, the column headers anchor to the top of the browser border. Do you perhaps have some customizations that are interfering?

Mark McKay

Attachment Screen Shot 2014-11-13 at 7.17.55 PM.jpg
In reply to Mark McKay

by Coleen Fillion -
I'm pretty sure I haven't customized anything.  My theme is the default - Clean. 

I did manage to finally anchor the name column by enabling student emails:  Site Admin - Users - Permissions - Show User Identity (click on Email address).  It's not an ideal solution, but at least it works.

I still haven't figured out how to anchor the grader report heading when scrolling vertically.  I used to depend on the mouse over bubbles to remind me what column I was in when scrolling vertically, but that has reverted back to a ridiculous little bubble that simply says "Grade" as if I didn't know that.   To have the header anchored would be ideal.

by Coleen Fillion -

Wait - the header has started working, too.  I guess the email fix worked for both, but it takes a second to set itself.  It will do.

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

There is a tracker issue out regarding the emails: MDL-48191

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Christopher Molnar -

Thanks for the update Mary. Just wondering (and I did look at the history) will the patch be coming out on this weeks GIT update? It looks like it passed the 2_8_STABLE testing but failed on the MASTER branch. I would prefer not to have to apply a patch manually.

I am using a default formal_white theme and the email on/off isn't even working for me here.

Thanks!

-Chris