Showing date course was passed on grade

Showing date course was passed on grade

by Tom North -
Number of replies: 2

Hi all,

New to this community as I have largely been able to get my organisation's instances of Moodle migrated and upgraded from 1.9 to 2.7 without any trouble. However, a key member of staff has asked about a function that they require and I am at a loss.

Basically, we have a course which is mandatory for all new members of staff. If they have not completed this task, then we block access to IT completely. To manage this, one of our departments exports the reports from the course with the following fields:

First/surname, email address, attempt, started on, last accessed on, score

My user wants to add the username to this. Our accounts are setup and authenticated with LDAP and I gather they want to be able to cross reference the reports with those exported from other business applications. Using usernames is more consistent than actual names or email addresses (all users have multiple addresses).

I did try using the gradebook on the course and was able to get it to add the username, but I can't find a way to add a column indicating the day that the course was last completed. So basically, with the "Reports" tool I can have the dates and with the "grades" tool I can have the usernames.  What I would like is to be able to export a spreadsheet with both of those columns, alongside the fields already in existence.

I would really appreciate if anybody could advise on this. I am half expecting that I am being a numpty and that there is some really simple way to do this within the application, but I can't spot it!

All the best,

Tom N

In reply to Tom North

Re: Showing date course was passed on grade

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Check out the documentation on Completion settings, you can actually setup up completion settings on the course and there is a completion report that you can pull.  Not 100% if username is built in.

More importantly, look at Configurable Reports plugin.  This allows you to create reports or used some prebuilt ones and customize them as you wish.

In reply to Emma Richardson

Re: Showing date course was passed on grade

by Tom North -

Hi Emma,

Thank you very much for the reply.

I downloaded the configurable reports tool and realised I had missed giving a key bit of information in my original post. The course that I am hoping to pull reports from for this is a SCORM package. This has an inbuilt "Report" button which the my users use to export course information. I couldn't get the Configurable Reports plugin to work with this. I also tried completion tracking settings and think it is likely there is a similar problem.

I have found a report.php file in \mod\scorm\report\interactions\classes\ which I have been looking at to try and modify to give out the username field, but unfortunately I am a bit out of my depth here. I deal very much with the hosting side of things and am no developer. I have tried altering the code but am not having any success so far in trying to call the username and display it in an additional column.

I understand I am probably being vague as a Moodle noob, but any further advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Tom North