Courses Elective Based

Courses Elective Based

por Hannah Symonds -
Número de respostas: 7

Hey Anyone.

Just wondering if it is possible to have courses with electives in it so the student can be enrolled in a generic course and they choose which topics they will to sit and the rest gets hidden from their course.

Sorry hope this makes sense and any help would be much appreciated

Hannah

Em resposta a 'Hannah Symonds'

Re: Courses Elective Based

por Hartmut Scherer -

Hi Hannah,

Yes that's possible in Moodle 2.7 with plugin Group Choice installed (not yet released for Moodle 2.8) and using restrict access. Set up the groups in the course and name them for example Group A (Week 3+ 4) and Group B (Week 5-7). Add Group Choice as an activity in the week, where you want to give you students the choice, for example in week 2 and add these groups in Group Choice.

Now you need to set the Restrict access conditions in the weeks, i.e., week 3 - restrict access to group A and close the eye (see screenshot below) so they will not see the access condition nor the activities of that particular week. They will still see the header of the weeks.

Closed eye

Do this for all other weeks, for example for week 5, restrict access to Group B and close the eye.

This worked for me in a Test course in Moodle 2.7.

With kind regards,

Hartmut

Em resposta a 'Hartmut Scherer'

por Hannah Symonds -

Hey Hartmut,

Thank you so much for getting back to me and i will try what you have suggested and hope it works sorriso this will make things so much easier for my students because at the moment they just see everything and it gets really confusing. 

Thanks again

Hannah

Em resposta a 'Hannah Symonds'

por Itamar Tzadok -

Richard Oelmann has described here an approach that might work for you and doesn't need any plugins. sorriso

Em resposta a 'Itamar Tzadok'

por Hartmut Scherer -

Hi Itamar,

I didn't think of using labels for this choice activity, but you are right, if a task can be accomplished without plugins this is definitely preferable. In order to make sure that users can only pick one choice, access to this choice must be restricted, i.e., it should exclude the completion of other choices.

Label with restricted access

HERE is a link to a screenshot how the main class page looks like.

With kind regards,

Hartmut

Em resposta a 'Hartmut Scherer'

por Mary Cooch -
Foto de Documentation writers Foto de Moodle HQ Foto de Particularly helpful Moodlers Foto de Testers Foto de Translators