Moodle 2.8 is out now, and if you'd like to see some of the improvements for teachers in a setting with real content, rather than trying in a lonely sandpit with all your courses and activities named "test", (or in my case, named "asdasd") then feel free to head off to the School demo site, Mount Orange. If you log in with the username teacher and password moodle, you can then go through the links tagged as NEW IN 2.8 on this Teacher page.
Examples (for which you need to be logged in as above):
- experience the new cool gradebook scrolling, on different devices and with different browsers
- view the Grade history of your course and zoom in on one student or grade item in the Single view
- finally let your students make more than one choice in a choice! (I gave a preview of this in an earlier Moodle tip:One choice or many)
- easily attach extra files to assignment instructions to support your students
- create and subscribe to an event monitoring rule, so you can be notified when students add an entry to a glossary or enrol in your course for example. Note that because emails are disabled on the site, you will get the notification as a pop up message - and of course you will have to log as a student (username student/ password moodle) and do something to trigger it
You can also try creating a new quiz or editing an existing quiz and exploring the enhancements to the way questions are added and organised.