Configuring authentication via Active directory 2003

Configuring authentication via Active directory 2003

by robert fowler -
Number of replies: 4

HI

I have installed moodle,  but have been asked to setup authentication via active directory.  I can find some stuff on the news group,  but as a Unix persion need a detailed guide.  Does anyone know of a step by step guide to connect moodle to a windows 2003 box for authentication ??

Average of ratings: -
In reply to robert fowler

Re: Configuring authentication via Active directory 2003

by Martín Langhoff -
If you're a unix geek like me, it shouldn't be too much of a problem. AD is a marketing name for an LDAP implementation with a bunch of predefined schemas. Just like Novell's eDirectory.

If you've used LDAP before, get hold of a directory browser so you can see what the forest and tree structures look like, and what fields the leaf records have. Should be quite obvious at that point.

At any rate, search and ye shall find: the new search subsystem is great or you can search google with "site:moodle.org". Several people have posted their AD solutions and strategies.
In reply to Martín Langhoff

Re: Configuring authentication via Active directory 2003

by robert fowler -

OK must be blind,  can you post a LNK

THANKS

ldap-module-cannot connect any ldap server

by robert fowler -

i have loged in as admin in moodle.

Clicked on authentication,  however, I am wondering what I need to enter into the LDAP Server Settings. --> LDAP_Host_URL  and what I need to check on active directory to find out the current settings.

I have tried various setting but keep getting advised ldap-module-connot connect any ldap server

I do not want to use DNS and will add entry to host file,  if that makes a difference.

i have opened up ldap on the firewall

thanks

Re: ldap-module-cannot connect any ldap server

by Sean Keogh -
Hi Robert,

Silly question, but have you got the PHP LDAP module loaded?  That is something that often catches people out...

Sean K