Moodle Mobile 1.7 - Cannot use SSO

Moodle Mobile 1.7 - Cannot use SSO

by Ravi Alamuri -
Number of replies: 6

Hello,

I am currently having a little trouble with our Moodle Mobile instance. It does not seem to bring up the browser SSO window up, even though we use CAS for authentication. The URL seems to be detected correctly (https://moodle.hope.ac.uk) but it should really get redirected to our CAS login page. Any ideas as to why this is happening? We have Moodle 2.8 and the latest local_mobile plugin installed on the server and it is set to show browser for the SSO popup window. We would be very grateful for any help and guidance in this regard.

Regards

Ravi Alamuri

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ravi Alamuri

Re: Moodle Mobile 1.7 - Cannot use SSO

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hello,

did you saw the message in the app telling that a new browser window will be open to log-in there?

I mean, is the browser app launched? Or the app doesn't do anything but displaying the URL and the username/password fields?

Cheers, Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Ravi Alamuri -

Hello Juan,

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

Nope - there is no browser window that is launched. Infact it just goes to the regular username and password screen. There is only one manual account (admin) on our server and all student and staff accounts are set to CAS.

Thanks again.

Regards

Ravi

In reply to Ravi Alamuri

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Please,

follow again this instructions step by step (double check that everything is well configured):

https://docs.moodle.org/28/en/Moodle_Mobile_additional_features#Installation

It seems that you haven't enable correctly the plugin so the app doesn't detect it, maybe you should also uninstall the app and re-install it again (to delete any cached data)

Cheers, Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Ravi Alamuri -
Hello Juan,

Many thanks again for getting back to me.

I have re installed the plugin and that had no effect. I upgraded the moodle instance to 2.8 and then re installed the plugin and I have still not had any luck.

Regards

Ravi

In reply to Ravi Alamuri

by Juan Leyva -

Hello Ravi,

I checked your site and I got this error:

{"error":1,"code":3}

This errors happens when you don't have enabled the local_mobile service

You should go to: /admin/settings.php?section=externalservices

And check that the Moodle Mobile additional features service is enabled

For doing that, edit the Service and check that the Enabled checkbox is checked

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Ravi Alamuri -

Hello Juan

Thank you very much for pointing that out! I looked at our configuration - for whatever reason the changes we were making weren't being saved (So when we checked the Enabled checkbox in the above screen it wasn't being saved correctly.) . Our Sysadmin mentioned something about a corrupt table - in any case we have managed to resolve this issue now.

Many thanks again for helping us get this sorted out!

Regards

Ravi Alamuri