Moodle and WooCommerce - Have you done this?

Moodle and WooCommerce - Have you done this?

by Under Dog -
Number of replies: 12

Hello,

We are looking to integrate WooCommerce with our Moodle site.  We want to have the ability to have students purchase a course via our WP site that would have WooCommerce installed, then have their log on details automatically emailed to them.

We would also need support after the integration should things go wacky.

Does anybody have experience with something like this?

Cheers!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Under Dog

Re: Moodle and WooCommerce - Have you done this?

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Funnily enough... I just completed a plugin to do exactly this just this morning. 

However, it was a "paid for" job. Drop an enquiry to info@e-learndesign.co.uk and we'll see what we can do.

In reply to Howard Miller

by Sam Peterson -

Hello,

I'd be very interested in this plugin as well. I've sent you an email.

In reply to Under Dog

by Floyd Saner -

I'm also looking for a good eCommerce solution.  The one problem I've had with several other plugins I tried is that they do not do adequate checking to see if a user account already exists in Moodle.

I just found out about this WooCommerce-Moodle plugin.  I have not had time to try it out. Hope to do so in the next couple weeks.

http://wisdmlabs.com/woocommerce-moodle-integration-solution/

Note: I am not at all affiliated with Wisdmlabs, WooCommerce or WordPress. 

Floyd

In reply to Floyd Saner

by john Simpson -

What a brilliant idea, maybe. The ability to sell and buy courses. I understand students purchasing 3 month courses separately, or would it also mean teachers and schools purchasing courses to use for their students? A different kind of license obviously.

I'm looking at the link now, and my question is. What difference is this service, as compared to you already having your own website using any e-commerce software?

In reply to john Simpson

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I can only speak about my plugin. It doesn't sound quite as fancy as the one above but it was written for a specific brief so...

The idea is that you create products in WooCommerce on Wordpress and you create matching courses in Moodle. They are linked by the 'SKU' code in WooCommerce to the Course short name in Moodle. 

The customer can then buy and pay for their courses in WooCommerce/Wordpress. The front page of Wordpress (or any place you want to put it) has a button saying "Go to my courses". This takes you to Moodle, creates your profile and enrols you on your courses. 

If you log into Moodle directly, it "phone's home" to Wordpress to authenticate you and fetch your latest enrolments. 

Currently we are only providing this as an add-on service for our hosting packages but it may well be contributed as a plug in some time in the future, 

In reply to Floyd Saner

by Tahseen Kazi -

Hi Floyd,

The WooCommerce Moodle Integration plugin does make a check to see if a user account already exists in Moodle. This check is made on the email id that is entered by the user while purchasing the course from the WooCommerce shop. You can test drive the plugin using the demo

If you have any queries regarding the plugin feel free to get in touch with me. 

Hope that helps!

In reply to Tahseen Kazi

by Jason E -

RE: http://wisdmlabs.com/demo/woocommerce-moodle-integration-plugin/

The demo doesn't seem to be working at the moment. login demo demo fails.

I currently use joomdle which does this for joomla pretty darn well. It opens moodle in a wrapper and integrates with a lot of joomla shopping carts. Problem is, not one of those shopping carts are up to the level of woocommerce.  So I'm looking to possibly switch. 

In reply to Floyd Saner

by David Santo Orcero -

The plugin simply does not work. It is a proof of concept, but it is not at a production level.

Integration is not such. When you import a course, it does not integrate with the remaining products. You have a different page with the courses. This is not well documented, and you have to guest it. Imported courses are not managed as woocommerce products.

You have to keep two different places for paying information. It does not integrate with woocommerce. Is like having two completly different shops under woocommerce.

When a course is purchased and fully payied, the "order status" remains as "pending". The orders never compleet.

Well -I thought-, maybe purshasing the payied version will fix it. But no way. You install the paying plugin, and more of the same.

This is a bad plugin with good press. Dont lose your money or your time with it.

In reply to David Santo Orcero

by DualCube Team -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi David,

I would request you  to try this one, 

https://wordpress.org/plugins/moowoodle/

GIThttps://github.com/dualcube/moowoodle

The process this plugin associates with your Woo-Moodle setup is completely automatic. Once you setup the plugin in WordPress/Woo and the activate the webservice in Moodle, you are good to go with the course selling. Best part is its completely free of cost! Please do reach out to me in case you need any assistance at all.

Thanks and Regards,

Arindam

In reply to DualCube Team

by Mithil Sharma -
Dear Arindam
Am failing to get moowoodle to work - getting the error "Error ! Synchronization cannot be done".

I followed the tutorial https://dualcube.com/installation-guide-for-moowoodle/. Only, I first created the token in Moodle, then fill up Access URL, Webservice token . . . in moowoodle.

I also tried the procedure outlined in Moodle on Site administration / ► Plugins / ► Web services / ► Overview.

No luck, . . . so far.

Are there any other settings in moodle, to be addressed? e.g. Manual enrollments, or, courses should not have any students registered, etc..

Could you help?

Thanks and Regards
Mithil
(NB: Its on localhost, so I cannot share the url details with you)
Else, maybe skype??
In reply to David Santo Orcero

by Stephen Cope -

Hi David,

Did you find a solution to this? did you try the Moowoodle plugin, if so would you recommend it?

Thanks

Stephen

In reply to Under Dog

by Guido Hornig -
Picture of Plugin developers

You can test a solution at my demo site. There are a number of scenarios, that can be supported with installation of plugins.

I think, WordPress is an excellent tool for web marketing and has many options to set up commercial member pages. 

You can test my solution at http://my.extremoodle.de. I will also talk at imoot15 about this.

Here is the link to imoot presentation : http://2015.imoot.org/mod/data/view.php?d=2&rid=65