No Emails Notification sent out when a new post is there

Re: No Emails Notification sent out when a new post is there

by David Zeitler -
Number of replies: 2

Thought I'd update folks. This problem disappeared after rebooting our server. Simple solution, but the problem really should not exist.

In reply to David Zeitler

by Chandrashekar Ramanathan -

I just wanted to flag that we seem to be running into "cannot obtain task lock" problem more frequently now and rebooting seems to get things moving again. Obviously there must a better way to deal with the problem and even to prevent it from happening in the first place.

Any inputs highly appreciated.

Thanks

Chandrashekar

In reply to Chandrashekar Ramanathan

by Chandrashekar Ramanathan -

I thought I will post an update on our "cannot obtain task lock" travails for everyone's benefit.

There has been a significant increase in the number of users, number of forums and number of forum posts in our environment. We use Office365 to send out the forum postings as e-mails and use "forced subscription" across all our forums. When I run the forum task manually, I notice that the system takes about 3-5 seconds to send out each post (I just looked at the scrolling screen when I run the task from command line).

The forum task is configured by default to run every 30 minutes. I suspect that we run into "cannot obtain task lock" issue when the task started at time T is still running when the one for T+30 kicks in. So we intend increasing the forum task duration to a larger value and see if solves the problem.

Any other suggestions welcome please.

Thanks

Chandrashekar