I am using a MacBook Air and Firefox browser. The facetime video screen comes up and I chose my input device. However, the record, stop, and playback buttons remain grayed out. I also have a flashing red X and alternates with a flashing yellow triangle with an ! Please advise how I can fix this problem. Thank you.
The buttons are greyed out, and the flashing circle/triangle are because you cannot make a connection to the Red5 server. Do you have an internet connection on the machine in question?
Did you change the settings for the Red5 server, right at the top in the PoodLL filter settings? If you did not touch them, then don't change them now, it will only confuse matters. If you did, then put them back how they were and see if that makes a difference.
Sometimes our Red5 server gets a bit busy. I just checked now and it was ok though. Perhaps try again. If it really doesn't work. Post back here, and I am sure we can get it going.
I still have the flashing red X and alternating yellow triangle. I do have internet connection and the settings haven't been changed. I will await further trouble shooting suggestions. Thank you.
OK. Can you try going to
The login details are there on the top page, but try:
See if you can record anything there.
If you can , then the problem is with your moodle installation.
- compare the PoodLL filter settings for both sites. In particular the top few that relate to ports and server addresses.
- Are you using recent versions of the PoodLL plugins. (even old ones should still work ..)
- What version of Moodle are you using?
If you can't, then the problem is to do with networking or firewalls, or the tokyo.poodll.com server.
- probably tokyo.poodll.com is fine. Nobody else is in trouble, and I can use it ok.
- Where are you working from? School? Home? Office? If your network has a strict firewall it could be blocking access to Red5.
- Does using a different machine (ie not your Apple airbook) or a different browser work? One possibility is that you have some security software, a personal firewall of some sort, that is blocking access to tokyo.poodll.com or one of the ports it uses. Try turning off the firewall temporarily and see if it all starts working.
Justin: Thank you for your prompt response. When I went into your POODLL Demo course, I was able to record from home as well as from school. So I will be getting together with our Tech Dept. to see if the problem is on our end with the installation or firewall. I'll let you know if we are successful. Thanks.
OK. Its not a win, but its progress. Keep me posted.
Thanks for the Demo site access. We were unable to see the port settings, so someone from our IT dept (firstname.lastname@example.org) will be emailing you directly. Audio recording is working fine. Thanks. Louise