"That functionality is currently disabled" pop-up when clicking on question text (with browser security on)

"That functionality is currently disabled" pop-up when clicking on question text (with browser security on)

by Brian Warling -
Number of replies: 1

We've noticed that for quizzes with browser security enabled, on certain browsers (Chrome and Safari), when students click on the answer text next to, for example, a radio button, they get a pop-up that says "That functionality is currently disabled." This is only happening when they click on the text (the cursor icon changes to a finger).... clicking elsewhere on the page doesn't produce the pop-up:

On some browsers, if you click on the answer text (e.g., "Thomas Acquinas" in the screenshot) but not the radio button, once you dismiss the pop-up, the selection radio button is selected. This happens on Safari (Mac), but not Chrome. 

This isn't a show-stopper. You can dismiss the pop-up and everything is fine. But some of our students and faculty have reported that this behavior is annoying and adding stress to the exam-taking experience. Ideally, I wouldn't think this pop-up should appear in the scenario I described.

I think this kind of thing has been reported before, but I can't find anything recent here or in the tracker. Perhaps this is classified as a browser issue, in that it's difficult to keep up with what any given browser would do in this situation. And since it doesn't cause the quiz to fail, perhaps it's not considered a real bug.

Is this a known issue? Is it new? Has anyone else experienced it?

TIA..... Brian

This is our Moodle version:  Moodle 2.6.5+ (Build: 20140918)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Brian Warling

Re: "That functionality is currently disabled" pop-up when clicking on question text (with browser security on)

by Guillaume Daspe -

Bump! 

Some of our students are getting this error as well when doing quizes.

Anyone else have this error or anyone has come up with a fix? Been trying to find a solution for the last few days.