Dynamic course creation based on user selection criteria

Dynamic course creation based on user selection criteria

by Delvon Forrester -
Number of replies: 2

Hi all,

Just want to find out if anyone has done this or know of a plugin that does something close to this?

I am trying to setup a learning pathway which will be driven by the user selecting what they like and then a course will be created dynamically based on these choices. The courses will be made up of small SCORM packages which will make up the complete course/programme.

So it is essentially creating a course out of a number of small SCORM resources dynamically.

Anyone knows of a plugin that can be tailored or for a starting point?

Thanks,

Delvon

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Delvon Forrester

Re: Dynamic course creation based on user selection criteria

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Don't know of any plugin specifically like that, but I've done something (on a much smaller scale) using the conditional release features of Moodle

Create a series of labels, 1 for each choice (a single yes/no phrase/sentence in each label) and set it for completion tracking based on the user being able to tick the box to indicate completion, so the 'answer' is simply the student/user putting the tick in the completion box to the right of the question/statement for yes.

Then each of your actual activities (the SCORM packages - or any other content) can be made visible based on those responses or even combinations of the responses.

An alternative might be the Lesson activity?

Richard

Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Richard Oelmann

Re: Dynamic course creation based on user selection criteria

by Delvon Forrester -

Thanks Richard. I will have to explore the lesson activity some more and see.