Journal Plugin for the Grade Me block

Journal Plugin for the Grade Me block

by AL Rachels -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Everyone,

I have started using the Journal activity more and more for simple writing assignments for which I expect students to revise and resubmit their work on at least a weekly basis during a term. I really like the Grade Me block for alerts as to what needs to be graded, but it presently does not have a plugin for showing Journal entries that need grading.

Last weekend, while laid up with another cold, a truly UNWANTED gift from my students, I managed to cobble together a working plugin that will do what's needed. The modification adds one folder, one file, and modifies one other file of Grade Me. Right now I am waiting on a reply from the Grade Me folks about getting a copy of the plugin to them.

If anyone would like to try it out, I can provide a copy of it.  Just be forewarned, I have developed it for Moodle 2.7 versions of the Journal and Grade Me and have not had any time to test on any other versions. I might be able to do so next week, but no guarantees. It does work very nicely on Moodle 2.7, Moodle 2.8 beta, and Moodle 2.8 RC1.

AL

Average of ratings: -