more than one feedback activity in a course

more than one feedback activity in a course

by John Horner -
Number of replies: 2

Hello, we are using 2.6 and are finding an issue with the feedback module.  In our courses, we have a general "course evaluation" that is one feedback activity and it has worked well for us.  This past term, we added to some courses a more specific feedback activity and this means that for these courses, the students are asked to take two evaluations at the end of the class.

The problem is that the questions in the two feedback activities are intermixed in the first (original) feedback activity.  So the questions in the new feedback activity now appear in the older one, and when the questions are downloaded, all of the questions now appear.  But only when we look at the original feedback activity - the new one is still there and we can download this and it is only for the questions that we put in that one.

Is there a way that we can "separate" these two surveys for the students who have taken them, but also for the purposes of downloading the results?  Thanks a lot!.,

John Horner

SUNY Delhi

Average of ratings: -
In reply to John Horner

Re: more than one feedback activity in a course

by Andreas Grabs -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators

Hi John,

I am sorry, I can not reproduce your issue. There shouldn't be any problem with creating more than one Feedback activities in a course.

Do you have this problem in other courses too or just only in this one?

Best regards
Andreas

In reply to Andreas Grabs

Re: more than one feedback activity in a course

by John Horner -

Hi Andreas and thanks for the prompt reply... we have seen this in all of the courses where we recently added the second feedback activity.  What is odd is that all of the questions in the second one now show up in the first one, and as I mentioned, when I export the results of the first one, now it has all of the questions.... but when I export the second one, I only get the questions from the that one... so it's really odd.  It's almost like the questions are going into the same database and getting mixed together.....

thanks again!

John