Generate Word Quiz report

Generate Word Quiz report

by Anne Krijger -
Number of replies: 2
A new area of Moodle I dove into is the quiz reports.

I use the Grades/overview report as a guideline and see the various download options there.
What I'm missing though, and haven't seen in Moodle anywhere else either, is the possibility to download a report as a Word document.

Does this exist?
Or do I need to go look for PHP Word libraries out there?

FWIW; tricking the client into thinking I'm sendign a Word document most likely won't work well as I'll have to create several documents and archive them in a zip file that then can be downloaded.

BTW: I have found the Zend_Service_LiveDocx_MailMerge class but don't really know if it would suit me or how to use it;
it doesn't seem to be used in Moodle at all?

Anne.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Anne Krijger

Re: Generate Word Quiz report

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
We already have Excel and CVS export. Why would you want Word export?

Anyway, at the OU we have RFT export in some places (and RTF is proababably good enough for what you want, since Word can open it). We seem to be doing it using some PHP code based on http://www.kartmann.org/freeware/XHTML2RTF/. That is rather old. There may be something better now.

I don' t think we have shared this code (proably becuase it is a bit of a hack.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Generate Word Quiz report

by Anne Krijger -

Hi Tim,

I need to because the customer wants a Word document smile

The layout of it looks quite a lot like a html/xls table so yes, the xls would have suited just fine IMO.

Thanks for the xhtml2rtf link, that (or a newer version) should allow me to do the job.

Anne.