IBM Server and Linux Distribution!

IBM Server and Linux Distribution!

by Eliecer Acevedo Patiño -
Number of replies: 2

I have currently use moodle thru a webhosting company and it seems to work well, just some issues with the new version.

Now I want to setup and IBM server with a linux distribution, but not sure which distro will be the best to hosted moodle, I currently have RedHat 8.0 and Suse 9.1 but those are the personal versions. If someone have experience running a linux webserver onwhere moodle has performed well, please let me know if I have to change to a professional version or I can keep the current distro and just install Mysql and php packages.

Thanks smile

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Eliecer Acevedo Patiño

Re: IBM Server and Linux Distribution!

by Bruce Selzler -

Hi,

I'm currently running Moodle on a RedHat 9 system, and it runs flawlessly.  I'm very happy with the performance and reliability.  However I'm considering changing to K12LTSP or Fedora just to use a supported OS.

One word of advice...  RAM.  More is definitly better. 

- Sez

In reply to Eliecer Acevedo Patiño

Re: IBM Server and Linux Distribution!

by Martín Langhoff -
If you install Debian on your server, you can just do "apt-get install moodle" and it'll be automagically installed and running for you. IBM uses and sponsors Debian a lot, although they don't always put the "Debian supported" logo, I guess for political reasons.

(writing from debconf5 in Helsinki)