Excluding specific types of activities from being included in course backup

Excluding specific types of activities from being included in course backup

yazan Bobby Siegfried -
Yanıt sayısı: 2

We use a number of third-party plugins, including Blackboard Collaborate. There are issues with importing those sessions from backups of previous courses. I would like to exclude the BB Collaborate activity type from being backed up during a course backup. I was already poking around in backup.php but was unable to find where to properly add the logic to specifically target a given activity. Any thoughts?

Bobby Siegfried yanıt olarak

Re: Excluding specific types of activities from being included in course backup

yazan Mary Cooch -
Documentation writers 'ın resmi Moodle HQ 'ın resmi Particularly helpful Moodlers 'ın resmi Testers 'ın resmi Translators 'ın resmi

I haven't used BB Collaborate so I can't say if you can or not, but with standard activities since Moodle 2.6 you have the option NOT to back them up as you go through the back up process  -is this not the case with BB Collaborate, or is your version of Moodle earlier than 2.6?

Mary Cooch yanıt olarak

Re: Excluding specific types of activities from being included in course backup

yazan Bobby Siegfried -

That is correct, the user can select which activities to backup. I think I didn't describe my issue very well, my apologies. As an administrator, I want to either specifically disable (uncheck by default) or not even display as an option certain activities to the instructor so they cannot enable (check) it or even see it at all. Does that make more sense? 

Thanks for the reply!