Lesson flow - 1st incorrect: "Try again." Jump this page. 2nd incorrect: "Answer is...." Jump next page.

Lesson flow - 1st incorrect: "Try again." Jump this page. 2nd incorrect: "Answer is...." Jump next page.

بواسطة - Kevin Murdock
عدد الردود: 3

Greetings,

Is it possible to program this Lesson flow?:

Correct answer - Jump to Next page.

First incorrect answer - Feedback: "Not quite. Please try again." - Jump to This page.

Second incorrect answer - Feedback: "XXXX is the expected answer. Your answer may have been close, but not quite the expected one. Please continue." - Jump to Next page.

Max 2 attempts.

I've explored the help pages, but I've not found how to do so. All suggestions will be appreciated!

Kevin Murdock, PhD, BCBA-D

متوسط التقييمات: -
رداً على Kevin Murdock

Re: Lesson flow - 1st incorrect: "Try again." Jump this page. 2nd incorrect: "Answer is...." Jump next page.

بواسطة - Melanie Scott
صورة Particularly helpful Moodlers

Yes.  You can tell any answer to jump to any page (even backwards).  But if you want the student to have two chances to answer the question before it jumps to the next page, you should set it to this page and set the activity settings to allow two attempts...once they exceed their attempts, it jumps to the next page anyway.

Have you set up a lesson?

رداً على Melanie Scott

Re: Lesson flow - 1st incorrect: "Try again." Jump this page. 2nd incorrect: "Answer is...." Jump next page.

بواسطة - Kevin Murdock

Thanks, Melanie! We have many lessons at scienceofbehavior.com/lms. You might check out the "Five Free Introductory Tutorials." We prefer the short answer format.  Currently, we are doing as you suggested. We provide two attempts to answer the question. The 1st incorrect answer jumps to this (the same) page. The 2nd incorrect answer jumps to the next page. What we want to do is to provide different feedback for the answers. The 1st incorrect answer would produce something like, "Not quite. Try again" (and jump to this page). The 2nd incorrect answer would produce something like, "Not quite. The expected answer was XXX. Please continue" (and jump to next page). I am hoping there is a way to easily program this flow. If not, I am also interested in recommendations for alternative page sequencing that would accomplish a similar effect. We employ Moodle 1.9 at scienceofbehavior.com and have been in no hurry to upgrade. If a newer version permits the desired flow, we will consider the upgrade sooner. Your assistance is much appreciated!

رداً على Kevin Murdock

بواسطة - Melanie Scott
صورة Particularly helpful Moodlers

You can turn off default feedback on Lesson and substitute your own for each possible answer (activity settings->Appearance->Use default feedback->No).  You can only substitute one feedback per answer, not different feedback for each question attempt. 

Lesson has improved in version 2 so some extent...and so has everything else.  We were a little hesitant to upgrade from 1.9 because it was doing what we wanted and we had a lot of customization but when we upgraded, we were really pleased and didn't have to apply a lot of the customization we'd been using.  2 has so many nice features and it works really well.  It does require an adjustment because it is different but I strongly recommend it...and if you do, you could try using quiz for what you're talking about...

You could use a quiz set to use adaptive mode and add hints (hints show up in 2).  Quiz won't do jumps but it will let you set different feedback based on attempts.  Adaptive mode lets users submit answers individually...if you set it to display one question per page or set page breaks where you want them it might act like lesson a little more.