Elegance theme - gradebook issues (row & column alignment)

Elegance theme - gradebook issues (row & column alignment)

by John Iglar -
Number of replies: 10

We've had some issues with gradebook alignment in Elegance. I've been able to sort out our problems with a combination of CSS and category/item management. (We're using Moodle 2.7.2+ and Elegance 2.7.0.06)

1) Rows are misaligned when the static student column is enabled (screenshot attached). This has been discussed in other threads, and various custom CSS solutions have been suggested. Our problems disappeared with this custom CSS addition:

.right_scroller{
padding-top: 21px;
}

...or the problem mostly disappeared. There were still some problems that were related to problem 2:

2) Columns are mismatched when there are categories that lack either a category total or an item. (screenshot attached) When there is such a category, the column below that category holds grades for the category/item to the right. (See the hover message in the screenshot).

Basically, the table header has a category  that should have a blank/empty column below but the empty column doesn't present itself and all item columns are shifted to the left. (This also affects row alignmen)

I have solved our problem by ensuring that categories have totals and/or items in them (we were using a template with empty grade categories that needed no total).

I'm still looking up the details and will make a report of the bug. I'm posting here in case any others are seeing similar issues.

Attachment borked.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to John Iglar

Re: Elegance theme - gradebook issues (row & column alignment)

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I cannot reproduce.  I added two categories, one with a value of zero and no items and one with a value of none.  Both work correctly.  Only difference is I am still on Moodle 2.7.1.

I ended up cleaning up my css and leaving it with just the left scroller padding and auto resize of the edit feedback box.  This seems to take care of the lineup.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by John Iglar -

Strange. I've seen this with multiple themes on our test site and our live site. This is when there's a category with no total (value none) and no items (as in screenshot).

(attachment below shows same course, same theme, with a category total added.)

Attachment ok.png

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Do you have the 'grade_report_fixedstudents' setting on Emma?

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Yes,

Here is my screenshot showing the correct alignment.  If you are seeing it on multiple themes, then it must be a gradebook issue and so then the Moodle install would play into affect.

Seeing as 2.8 is coming out soon with the long awaited garbed enhancements, hopefully that will fix it.

Attachment Screen Shot 2014-10-31 at 8.34.37 AM.png

by John Iglar -

Yes, that's showing the category total. That avoids the problem. If you edit that category and change the category total to value: none, does it still behave the same or does it show the category to the right?

Attachment borkedclose.png
In reply to John Iglar

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Can you test this in Clean or More theme? If you are still getting misalignment inthe grader table then it needs reporting in Moodle Tracker.

Thanks

Mary

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Emma Richardson -

Yes, I do

by Emma Richardson -
So I guess if you reply by email it does not add to the thread - that is strange and not as useful as I was hoping!

I discovered that John is correct and this is an issue.  If you have a category with value NONE, then the grader report misaligns.  This is also a bug that is still present in the latest version of 2.8.

John, have you filed a tracker report?  If so, can you post the number?

by John Iglar -

I've seen the problem in Clean theme as well as Elegance.

I've submitted it to the tracker: MDL-48015

(Personal note: I'm such a noob. This is my first Tracker report. Is it weird that I get a geeky thrill at that?)

In reply to John Iglar

by Emma Richardson -

Lol - no, John, we are all allowed to celebrate our geekiness!!!!