Adding watermark on (PDF)Files at download time

Adding watermark on (PDF)Files at download time

by Soti Rios -
Number of replies: 4

Hi folks,

I'm trying to find a way for putting a watermark on files in the database. The watermark is supposed to be added on the fly as it should be added when a user is downloading a file from the database. It should contain text only (like branding the PDF with the institution and username/ip adress/downloadtime). I have been looking at fpdf and tcpdf in order to use this for my purpose but I did not get very far with that. I understand that this would mean replacing the file field as this allows the immediate download without a watermark being added. Does anybody have some exprience regarding this subject?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Soti Rios

Re: Adding watermark on (PDF)Files at download time

by Michael Meneses -

Hi Sotirios Christopoulos,

I received a demand on this. Have you had any progress?

We will develop this solution! big grin

In reply to Michael Meneses

by Najeeb Haider Zaidi -
The same functionality is available on other php CMS as well like wordpress. Any progress on that??
In reply to Najeeb Haider Zaidi

by William Lu -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Moving to General help forum, wish you can get more help there.

In reply to Najeeb Haider Zaidi

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

The file download routine hands off to the individual "parent" plugin to get the file. So, it would be possible to write a resource plugin to do this. 

Seems a bit pointless. If people are going to 'steal' your stuff they aren't going to care much about a watermark. And I wonder how easy it would be to remove it again?