Level Up! Plugin

Level Up! Plugin

by Jeremy Bourdon -
Number of replies: 4

Looking for some information on the use/implementation of this plugin. I am very excited to use it and was wondering how others have found it. I have tried modifying the "rules" for thins plugin in a test course and was not getting the desired point outcome. Any discussion would be appreciated. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jeremy Bourdon

Re: Level Up! Plugin

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Jeremey,

I tried the addon back when it first came out, but never implemented it in an actual course as it was too easy as a student to manipulate the level. I noticed yesterday that the download page now has the following, "Note: Repeated actions within a short time interval are ignored to prevent cheating.", so hopefully this has been fixed.

I will probably try it out again, in a few days when I am feeling better. Right now I am suffering from the gift my students gave me that no teacher wants...a cold.

AL

In reply to AL Rachels

by Jeremy Bourdon -

There are 2800 downloads of the plug in so I am guessing that someone has used it in a classroom setting. I would be interested to find out how long of a delay was put into the code to avoid giving points for repeated actions. Or better yet if a new version of the plugin allowed the administrator to set the time of their preference. 

In reply to Jeremy Bourdon

by Kathryn Davis -

I just downloaded and installed on 2.7. Where can I access the settings? For example I want to change the image. I see there are 10 png files in the pix folder. I'm just not sure where to modify w/in moodle. Thanks!