Automation of course and enrollment tasks using external data in a Higher Education Institution

Automation of course and enrollment tasks using external data in a Higher Education Institution

by Job Céspedes Ortiz -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi,

We want to accomplish automation of course and enrollment tasks using external data in a Higher Education Institution.

I've being looking for MOODLE plug ins available for a starting point. As I just mentioned, data is already available in several DB (sql) and we want to fed MOODLE using a view with the corresponding data of students, teachers, courses, and categories (Sublevel Structure: Campus, Faculties, Schools, ETC) This task should be made periodically according to Institutional times like academic calendar.

So far I've narrowed it down to the following plug ins: External Database, LDAP enrollment, and IMS Enterprise. The later seems to offer category creation while the first two need categories to be created in advance. Is there any other plugin that could help us accomplish these task? How do others have  addressed similar requirements?

Thanks,

Average of ratings: -